[Taipei, Taiwan] - Tianjin Onion Pancakes/ 天津蔥抓餅

One of my favorite things to eat since childhood is the onion pancake. It was one of the few things my non-Chinese friends would see me eating and not be ashamed. It was only for onion pancakes too, that they would give it a try and think it's good or even ask me to bring more to school to share. I was incredibly fortunate that my grandma would make these on a regular basis for me to eat. She would make huge batches of them, portion them out, and freeze them in ziploc bags to fry for me when I got home from school (like I said, incredibly fortunate! If not for her, my grandpa would make me an after school snack/meal). 

What kids don't understand, especially spoiled ones like myself is that people won't always be around and you really should learn how to do it yourself so you won't be for want. My mistake. I really should have learned how to make it the way she does, because it's so hard to find any as good as the ones she made. 

Tianjin comes pretty damn close. They are open all day long, but the woman pictured below I think, is the best. She's there every morning, working like a machine. I could eat this every day, it's so good. And if I were to get bored with one combination, I would just change the flavors. Even then though, I never tire of the regular one. The one they make at Tianjin is incredibly fluffy for a thick fried dough. You can get it with different items added like egg, basil, ham, and cheese. For those who can't speak Chinese or Taiwanese, just point to the number or say the number and have your money ready. Come here. Eat it. See if the hype is real. Tianjin is not what I would call a secret. It's one of those places that everyone loves that I actually love too.



Address:
No. 1號, Lane 6, Yongkang Street
Da’an District, Taipei City
Taiwan 106

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack