[Taipei, Taiwan] - 富宏牛肉麵/Fuhong Beef Noodles

This is currently my favorite beef noodle restaurant in Taipei. It was on my list for a while (like so many other places, but always so many places and so little time!). So what makes it so special in a city like Taipei? I judge by noodles, broth, and meat. Some people care about the location, cleanliness, and service also, but I'm willing to overlook most of that for a fantastic bowl. Which is exactly what this is, at Fuhong Beef Noodles. Incredibly simple, extremely beefy, and supremely hot and satisfying. For now, this is it for me. Of course, I intend to keep up the search because there are just too many shops there and I think unless I lived in Taipei and had nothing else to do, I wouldn't be able to get to every single beef noodle restaurant!

Bowl of beef noodle soup (medium size) with some seaweed and pig ears

Accoutrements: 辣牛油 or "spicy butter," 辣椒粉 or special chili sauce, 辣椒醬 another chili sauce, and pickled veggies

As soon as I sat down I was expected to order. So, here's a menu for you to figure out what you want beforehand. They don't speak English, so get your Google Translate ready, or practice saying yi ge da wan niu rou mian (you want a big bowl, right? It's only 110NT)!

If you can't tell, I only added the pickled veggies. I was afraid those other items would change the broth too much because I really enjoyed the broth as is.




That's right, it's next to another beef noodle shop. This ENTIRE BLOCK is filled with beef noodle restaurants. Have fun!

Address:
洛陽街69號
Wanhua District,
Taipei City, Taiwan, 108

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack