[Sacramento, CA] - Pasty Shack

Monday through Friday, I pass the Pasty Shack. It looks like it's been in the neighborhood for quite some time and appears to be the kind of place I like going to. Of course that meant that eventually I would have to stop and give them a try. Two years later, I finally do. Many people online said that the Chile Verde Pasty is the best one, but I wanted to try the original one first: the Cornish. 

The Cornish is advertised as having top grade beef, potatoes, onions, and special seasonings in their special pastry shell. The pastry shell is flaky and thin, but I think it works. The filling however, was as other reviewers had stated. The beef was pretty dry and chewy. If they stew it longer, it could be tender and more flavorful. As it is, it's dry. I fixed it for my tastes with liberal doses of Tapatio. The potatoes were good. I personally would have preferred more onions though. 

Service is great though, and management is friendly and nice. I do plan on going back on a Friday to try the Chile Verde as that sounds pretty good.

Cornish pasty and a coke. 

Beef and potatoes with some seasonings. They also have Tapatio at each table in case you want it spicy. 




Outdoor seating is available, but most people take theirs to-go. 

Front of the store - it's right next to the post office. Parking is street or in the rear so don't park at the post office lot!

Address:
4746 J St
Sacramento, CA 95819

Yelp
Menu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack