[Sacramento, CA] - Yang's Noodles

There are two Chinese restaurants in the Sacramento area that I like, Jing Jing, and Yang's. Both serve Szechuanese food, but they both have different strengths. With Jing Jing, I like their spicy fish and lamb. At Yang's Noodles, I like (surprise!) their noodles and dumplings. Both are made in house (my favorite) and are well made. 

At Yang's I tend to order more things as they have things that overlap with what is considered Taiwanese cuisine. While of course, nothing is ever as good as being in Taiwan; the food is still solid and is a good price. Each time I go, I change my order up a little. The general combination is the same though - two appetizers, one noodle dish, dumplings, and one onion pancake. 

The appetizers I order are always served cold. If you aren't used to that type of appetizer, be sure to ask first so you aren't surprised and think they made a mistake. With the noodle dish, I bounce between beef noodle soup and the pork with veggies. This time, I went with the dan dan noodles just to see. I would recommend sticking with the beef noodle soup though, unless you don't like your dan dan noodles spicy. I'm used to the Szechuan style where it's really spicy. This one was more of a peanut sauce. I found myself adding a lot of extra stuff to it. The noodles were still good though!

The beef wrap is pretty good, but today I thought I would try something different. I've had the pork wrap before, but it was a little too dry for me. The lamb one is currently my favorite. The lamb has the most flavor. If you aren't a fan of cumin though, I would stick with the beef.

Handmade noodles


Spicy beef tendon appetizer

Tongue numbing seaweed appetizer

擔擔麵/Dan dan noodles

You can see the texture when you pick it up

Cumin lamb wrap

Very cumin-y. It comes with a sauce, but I prefer just mixing my own of vinegar and a tiny bit of soy. If I feel like having it spicy, I just use some of the chili sauce.

Pork and veggie handmade dumplings. I know a ton of people are now obsessed with soup dumplings, but I like these better. If you want them fresh, Yang's is a good place to go!

View from the front of the store

Store front

Address:
5860 Stockton Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95824

Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack