[Yountville, CA] - Ad Hoc

Having had the fried chicken at Addendum before, I figured Ad Hoc would be just as good; or better considering that's their main restaurant. Also, it's in the Thomas Keller family, so that also boosted the credibility in my eyes. If you haven't been before, they only have a prix fixe menu. If you pay extra, you can tack on a few other main courses. Everything served is to share. We were a little disappointed that there wouldn't be any fried chicken, but the pork belly did sound good still. We decided to throw in some rib eye also for good measure. Since the weather was nice, we sat outside. It made it feel like an expensive picnic.

Service was great. They came by frequently to check on us and to see how we were doing. The food was good, but not as good as I thought it would be. For the price and the name, I expected it to be better. I guess it makes sense for the location and name to charge that much, but I've had better. That poor rib eye had so much sauce on it that I was wiping it off. The pork belly and the green beans were probably the best part of the meal. I think I would view the meal differently if we hadn't gotten that rib eye, but again, for that price, I am most likely going to eat someplace else. The kale salad was surprisingly good, even though it was drenched in dressing. I really enjoyed the anchovies as they were probably my favorite part of that salad. Have you been to Ad Hoc? What did you think? I know I'll still hit up Addendum for that fried chicken but I'll be passing on Ad Hoc next time.


Menu of the day

I liked the paperclip =3

Kale Caesar Salad to start. Whole anchovies on top!

Creamy farro.

Sauteed green beans.

Smoked pork belly with Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce.

SRF Ribeye Cap smothered in Bearnaise.


Cabot Clothbound Cheddar with some Blue Apron Mustard, and crispy flatbread.

After dinner espresso because everything was so heavy and I needed to wake up.

Creamsicle Pudding: White chocolate, orange marmalade, with a shortbread crumble.

Address:
6476 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack