[Taipei, Taiwan] - 世界の山ちゃん 雞翅/Sekai no Yama Chan/Nagoya's Famous Fried Chicken!

I visited a friend in Nagoya before who told me  about Nagoya's tabasaki chicken wings. There are quite a few restaurants to choose from there, but she said they should all be pretty good. So, she let me choose. I picked based on the character on all of their signage. I dubbed him "Chicken Boy" after Bruce Willis's character on friends. In the Nagoya location, I ordered the same items and drank the local beer. While we were in Taipei, I wanted the boyfriend to try in case we don't make it to Nagoya on one of our Japan trips.

Thus, this is a review of the Taipei location. It's really close to the Taipei City Hall MRT stop. Once you exit, it's just around the corner. You'll see a Chicken Boy standing right by the door. It was pretty busy when we got there, but it's pretty spacious inside so we were able to get a table downstairs. Since it's so spacious, they have the button system. If you need to order anything, just push the button and someone will be over in a flash. 

I really do love the fried chicken here. With their fried chicken, I like having a light Japanese beer. If you get a chance, try these wings out. I like the traditional tebasaki the best. It's a fried wing (flat and tip) in what seems to be salt and pepper, and is crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. I like my wings naked, so this works for me. I love the sea salt and pepper taste of the wings. They have other things to order also, of course, but these wings are what bring me back!


Nagoya's tebasaki chicken wings


BBQ Flavored


Instructions on how to eat the wings


So this is fun. We are in Taipei, Taiwan eating "Taiwanese" cold noodles made by a Japanese restaurant by Taiwanese people.

My mug of cold, frothy, beer


No smoking! Along with instructions on how to eat the chicken on the backs of the chopsticks wrapper.

Container for chicken bones, toothpicks, help button, soy sauce, etc.

Address:
忠孝東路五段15巷10號
Xinyi District,Taipei City
Taiwan, 110   

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack