[Sacramento, CA] - Starbucks - Unicorn Frappucino (Limited Release 4/19-4/23/2017)

Had to try the #unicornfrappucino since it's only out for a few days and because I saw a tweet about how it tastes like sweet tarts. Even though I'm not a big frappucino drinker, I do like sweet tarts. Plus, the drink is purple! Mix it and the flavor changes? Is it possible? Of course I had to go see for myself. There were just too many varying reviews out there! Some people claimed it was just sour and painful, while others said they don't care what others say - they love it!

I feel ridiculous holding this pink thing that looks like it came crashing into 2017 from a Hypercolor t-shirt I owned in 1988. Looking around, I see that I'm the only one at this location with this drink. Everyone else has normal looking iced coffees (it's already in the 70's in Sacramento). I sit down at and empty table and take a few pictures before finally giving it a try. I was pleasantly surprised that it tasted like a fruitier sweet tart before getting a hint of cotton candy. I remembered then that I was supposed to mix it for a different taste. I stirred it a little and got some whipped cream and unicorn sparkle on my fingers. Now I look like I need safety scissors. I try the drink again; it has changed to a Lemon Head candy kind of sour, which I used to love as a kid. Not bad! 

The more of the drink I finish though, the more gritty and sour it gets. It gets to the point where I'm at the bottom of the cup and it just tastes like I'm licking the bottom of the bag of Atomic Warheads. The whipped cream no longer helps balance it as those unicorn sparkles pack a punch!

Did you try the unicorn frappucino? What did you think? 

Ooooh, look! It has dead Smurf drizzled around the cup! 

Unicorn magic sprinkles.

This is where the unicorn died and turned into a sour monster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack