[Seattle, WA] - Brave Horse Tavern

One of the big names in the Seattle food scene is Tom Douglas. He is the man behind some of the big names in Seattle like Lola, The Carlile Room, Serious Biscuit, and Dahlia Lounge. And, as a restaurant in the Tom Douglas family, they add a 20% service charge to all checks. Yes, they have mandatory tipping that goes toward employee health benefits and such. There was some hullabaloo about "well, what if I receive bad service?" You have the option of not going, but really, I think they are overall pretty good and haven't received bad service at any of his restaurants. 

I've been to Brave Horse before to kill time before I went for some dollar oysters and was pleasantly surprised at just how good the beer selection and food was. Since then, I have gone back a few times. This was my first time for brunch, and now I can't wait to go back and try something else on the menu!

While trying to figure out what to order, I started with Dave's Bloody Mary. It is a delicious affair, with lots of pickled veggies on top. Then, when you're finished, there's the Rainier beer back. It's one of the few times I have had Rainier beer. Maybe it's age, but it's grown on me and I actually am excited to see it on the menu in Sacramento (yes, it's somehow made it down here!).

It was so hard to choose which item to order. I ended up with the huevos rancheros - something I never order. It came out differently than what I'm used to seeing, but really that made no difference. One bite and I was hooked. So many flavors! Sweet, tangy, meaty, spicy - it all intermingled into a mix of awesome. The brisket hash/benedict was also pretty amazing. It was so full of flavor. The sauce was different than the traditional hollandaise sauce. I think they used some chipotle peppers, but I could be wrong.

If you go on a nice, sunny day, the location is just a few blocks away from Lake Union. Walk around, enjoy the sunshine, then find something else to eat in the area. There's a lot to choose from!

Please note: This is a bar and therefore not kid friendly. They request that patrons are 21 and over. 


Dave's Bloody Mary with Rainier beer back ($10.50).


Huevos Rancheros ($12) - three eggs scrambled with tortillas, jack cheese, black beans, and sour cream.

Smoked Brisket Hash ($14) - smoked brisket, scallions, fried potatoes, two eggs.



Address:
310 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109


Brunch: Sat - Sun 10am to 3pm
Happy Hour: 
Mon-Sat 4pm to 6pm (food only)
Sun-Thurs 9pm to 12am (drinks and food)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack