[San Diego, CA] - Shorehouse Kitchen

This past February, I went down to San Diego for a quick weekend. We stayed in La Jolla, so there were a ton of options. It turned into a what's open now that we've woken up super late on a Saturday that still has brunch and mimosas?

If you know me, you'll know I'm not into the hipster places, or the places that try to make something simple fancier than it needs to be. On the surface, Shorehouse Kitchen looks like the kind of place I wouldn't go to. It has a puppy menu, which is pretty hipster, but truth be told, it just means that my chances of encountering a puppy is high! So, no judgement until I actually try it. I'm glad I did! The food was fantastic. Loved the laid back feel and how airy and sunny it was inside. They have a wide variety of mimosas and coffees (the Kyoto coffee was really good). I highly recommend swinging by for brunch if you're in the area. It's probably one of the best brunches I've had. And, you aren't too far from the beach to sit and sun yourself in your food induced coma!

Angus Short Rib & Hash Brown Potato Cakes - cabernet braised Angus beef with eggs and toast (or in this case, an English muffin) - ($14.00). The beef was so juicy and flavorful. 

Pork Carnitas Chilaquiles - Two eggs, tomatillo sauce (you can also get the red sauce, but I like tomatillo), bell peppers, fried jalapenos, and onions. - ($13.50). The best chilaquiles I've ever had were in Guadalajara. These were actually really good. Definitely wasn't the same, but it was delicious in its own right. I would order this again in a heartbeat.

View from the street. Notice the street signs. Make sure you're ok to park, and don't forget to check on your car if you are having too much fun and lose track of the time! I went around 2pm so parking was not bad at all.

Address:
2236 Avenida De La Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037

Website

Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack