[Taipei, Taiwan] - 紐澳良小廚 Nola Kitchen

NOLA Kitchen was a random find, a suggestion from Facebook. The first time I went was when it was still relatively new (it opened in 2012, I went in 2014).  Due to a data loss, I don't have those pictures of the beignets, au lait, fried green tomatoes, or chicken and waffles. That said, I can't stress enough just how much things have changed from 2014 to December of 2016 when I went this most recent trip. 

First of all, the beignets were shaped in Christmas themes. It was cute, actually. Unfortunately, they were a bit too hard, and there wasn't enough powdered sugar (if you aren't sure how much is the right amount, please refer to my Cafe du Monde post - not that I'm expecting NOLA Kitchen to be on that level! There are other beignet shops in New Orleans who can't even get on that level. But I think there's nothing wrong with having goals!). I would suggest if you have the same issue as I did (because it's not consistent. Previous trips have been better to me and the beignets were once light and fluffy), just dunk it in some black coffee. Or your au lait. Whichever you prefer.

The au lait selection got a bit more complicated. Before, they made the au lait the way they do in New Orleans - coffee and steamed milk. Now there are different flavors. In case the small cup before wasn't enough, now they give you a small carafe so you can continue to add a little more until you're out. I did like that extra addition. 

Either way, if you have a craving for some Southern food, don't be afraid to give NOLA Kitchen a try. It's not the best you'll ever have, but it'll do the job. Or, you can end up there because you were trying to get to another restaurant that just happened to be closed on a Wednesday and you were so hungry that you went there to figure out what to eat instead? But that might just be me. Oh yeah, they also have other things like jambalaya and crawfish. If you go, let me know what you think!








Address:
No. 16, Alley 14, Lane 150, Section 5, Xinyi Rd, 
Xinyi District, 
Taipei City, Taiwan

Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack