[Taipei, Taiwan] - 穆記小吃牛肉麵館/Mù jì xiǎochī niúròu miànguǎn

Based on quite a few recommendations, I made my way over to 穆記小吃牛肉麵. It's located in a small neighborhood a ten minute walk away from the Taipei 101 MRT Station. All of the reviews have been stellar, although I have to say, each beef noodle shop has their own collection of followers who all proclaim that theirs is the best. How much is bias based on eating there since youth, or it being their first beef noodle experience, I can't say. What I do know is that this isn't exactly on my top 5 list. 

Have you watched that scene in Sex and the City where the door greeter/waiter yells at Carrie, "Singles at the counter! Singles, counter!" That's how I was "greeted" when I entered the shop. Except instead of a counter, I was seated a banquet table with two other families. Everyone ate quietly aside from the slurping. I was given a quick minute to order, and while waiting for my food, was yelled at for taking a picture of the employees working. So, I only have sniped photos from my cell phone for this entry.

The comes like this, beef and tendon (well, depends on what you order, but I like getting beef and tendon), with the noodles buried underneath. I came expecting greatness, but was a bit sad to find that my noodles were overcooked and soft, and that the broth lacked flavor. I had to add a lot of the vinegar and chili sauce from the table to make it taste better. Unless they are expecting people to add things to their soup? The cold tofu appetizer and beef wrap were pretty good though. Those I would recommend getting to go and eating it in the park, or as you walk around. 





 
This is the picture that got me scolded. I think they thought I was trying to steal their secrets. As soon as you walk through the front door, the "kitchen" is to the left and the tables in the back and on the right side of the room.

Address:
吳興街239號
Taipei, 110
Taiwan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack