[Snoqualmie, WA] - The Salish Lodge Dining Room

Over the past weekend, I watched Twin Peaks. I was too young when it came out to watch, enjoy, or understand anything in it, so it was about time. My dad told me at some point that there was a show filmed in North Bend. We were sitting at a booth in Twede's Cafe when he mentioned it. Drinking coffee ("you know, this is--excuse me--a damn fine cup of coffee") and eating pie ("mmm, this must be where pies go when they die"). It was the only time we stopped there on our way to Snoqualmie, but the memory stayed with me. 

We used to go to Snoqualmie every time we had guests. It was part of THE TOUR. THE TOUR consisted of all of the things to see and do in the greater Seattle area. And because it was THE TOUR and not WHAT THE KIDS WANT TO DO, we (my brother and I) would dutifully follow along and see what there was to see, and eat what everyone else wanted to eat. That said, we only heard about how fantastic the food was at The Salish Lodge. Our consolation was getting the pancake mix from Safeway. Those weekend mornings with those special pancakes were the best. At friend's houses, I would wrinkle my nose when they offered their Bisquick pancakes. Didn't they know that Salish Lodge makes the best pancake mix? I would politely eat the Bisquick pancakes and rush home, wishing that I had eating some Salish Lodge pancakes instead.

As an adult, one of the great things is eating what you want. Or using the excuse of having your boyfriend with you and taking him there for his first time as a way of finally eating there. I simply couldn't justify the price for no occasion. At least not without knowing just how good it is. I made a reservation in advance and asked for window seating. They say that they can't guarantee a seat next to the window, but we were given one. 


Service was splendid. All of the extras were very appreciated. This was quite possibly the fanciest setting to be served with my coffee. Cream, whipped cream, honey, sugar--white and brown, and sliced almonds. The honey is local and in a pretty Le Creuset honey pot. 


Of course, I ordered the pancakes. This was quite the decision for me because everything sounded so good. My boyfriend ordered the dungeness crab benedict, which was really good and had a lot of crab. My pancakes were everything that I wanted in pancakes. Light and fluffy. Perfect with the house made blueberry compote, butter with some local honey, and maple syrup. 


If you are in the Seattle area, I definitely think it's worth the drive out there for brunch and a nice walk. There is a paved area where you can view the waterfall, or you can walk down the trail to see the waterfall from a lower vantage point. 


Coffee with all of the accoutrements.


Fresh local honey? Yes, please!


The Salish Lodge's special pancakes. This is a half stack ($15).


Butter with a dab of honey, maple syrup, and the house blueberry compote.


Eggs Benedict made with local dungeness crab. They use a lemon Hollandaise for a different taste than the norm, and some hashed potatoes ($29).



During your meal, you can request to sit by the window. If you do, you'll be sitting right next to the waterfall for a different view than this. Either way, when you're done, you can walk down the trail and enjoy the scenery.

Address:
6501 Railroad Ave SE
SnoqualmieWA 98068

Phone: 425-888-2556

Hours:

Mornings
Mon-Sat: 7am-2pm
Sun: 7am-4pm

Evenings
Mon-Thurs: 5pm-9:30pm
Fri-Sun: 5pm-10pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack