[French Quarter, New Orleans, LA] - Deanies

Food is always the first thing when I plan a trip. My first trip to New Orleans last year started with food (and honestly, ended with food too). What should be the first thing to be devoured upon arrival? Our flight landed at MSY around 6:30pm. I knew it would take around an hour to get to the hotel after getting our luggage, so I had to plan for dinner. It was no easy feat deciding where to go first. I read a ton of articles of which there are no shortage of before going bookmarking a location. Basically my methodology revolves around reading articles, blogs, looking at Yelp pictures and reviews, and Foursquare--it really is a production!--before deciding on which places to bookmark. From there (wherever I am), I look at my bookmarks to see which places I'm closest to. That night, we went with Deanies.

I knew that the first thing I wanted to eat was crawfish. We get them in Sacramento around August, but not lately as the prices have gone up a lot since I first moved here in 1999. And, they're pretty dirty. They do live in the mud, so it makes sense. So of course, I have to try the famous New Orleans crawfish. They are delicious. I love them. They are so much cleaner tasting than the ones in Sacramento. And the Cajun flavors? SO GOOD. Those Boiling Crab restaurants are nowhere near as good as this. 

Aside from the crawfish, I had no idea what I should get. We asked the waiter what he recommended we try as visitors and newbies to real New Orleans food and he suggested the chargrilled oysters and the barbeque shrimp. All of it was good. We wanted to order more food, but we also wanted to walk around the French Quarter and see if anything else called out to us (never tap out at the first place!). I definitely plan on coming back on a future trip.

And might I add, everywhere we went in New Orleans had fantastic service! Great food and great service. I love this place!

Extra note--when we went, it was super busy. Grabbed a number and hung out at the bar which was also crowded until it was our turn to eat.

Crawfish! I think I went for 2lbs. Or more. I was so hungry and excited I can't remember. (Market Price)


Chargrilled oysters.


BBQ shrimp ($12.95)

Address:

841 Iberville St

New Orleans, LA 70112

Hours:

Sun-Thurs 11am to 10pm
Fri & Sat 11am to 11pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack