[New Orleans, LA] - The Sazerac Bar

I'm not usually a cocktail person - give me a beer any day and I'll be pleased as punch. But, when it comes to cities like New Orleans it feels like part of the territory. There is just so much history to this fantastic city and it seems sometimes, like so many dishes and drinks were created here. Case in point, the Sazerac. Incidentally, the Sazerac is Louisiana's official state cocktail. Yeah, I didn't know official state cocktails were a thing either. 

Plus, Anthony Bourdain was here and that guy knows his booze.

There are two drinks that are worthy of note - The Sazerac, of course, and the Ramos Gin Fizz. The Ramos Gin Fizz is worth ordering just to watch the show of the drink being created. Drinking it is just as fun. It tastes like a light dessert. If you are a lightweight, this drink is a better fit for you. If you are a booze hound like Bourdain, and if you like your bourbons or whiskeys, The Sazerac is for you, my friend. The Sazerac Bar is aptly named, as the signature drink tastes really good and isn't overpowering. I tried it at another bar and was definitely disappointed.

One of the best things about the Sazerac Bar though, is the ambiance. It feels like it should be stuck up and extra fancy, but it's dark and classic. The bartenders in their white coats, the paintings on the walls, the furniture, it all makes me feel like if I sit there long enough, I might see Humphrey Bogart come walking in at some point.  

The important drinks.


Ramos Gin Fizz ($15). But worth it! ...at least once, anyway. I enjoyed two.


The Sazerac ($14). They offer two types here. This is the classic.

Address:


130 Roosevelt Way
New OrleansLA 70112

Hours:
Daily 11am-2am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack