[Metairie, LA] - Dragos

As this was my second trip to New Orleans, I wanted to try some things I hadn't my first time around. Since I had been to Acme already, I wanted to see how other places did the same things. One of the names that popped up repeatedly, was Drago's. Of course, that meant I would have to give it a try.

The waitress started out helpful, telling us what not to get ("If you want real New Orleans food, don't get that. You gotta try our gumbo. And the oysters"). We went for a dozen oysters, which I believe I ended up eating the majority of. One of the people in my party had never eaten oysters before, and the other two seemed indifferent. The oysters were good, but definitely not as good as Acme. I would say if you want to try it to have something to compare Acme to, this is it. You'll either like it better or appreciate Acme more! Aside from that, I would suggest skipping the gumbo and the Shrimp Creole. The gumbo was really salty and inconsistent at our table. Mine had rice, but another one in the group had a few grains only. Mine had some sausage in it, but his had none. As for the Shrimp Creole, it should be advertised as shrimp in tomato paste. All I tasted was shrimp and tomatoes. It wasn't worth the price tag, and it wasn't worth that over full feeling I got from eating it because I felt like I had to after ordering it. 


Drago's Original Charbroiled Oysters (one dozen for $19.95). Advertised 
as "The single best bite of food in town."


Chicken and andouille sausage gumbo ($7.95).


Shrimp Creole made with Louisiana-style red sauce ($20.95). Sorry to say, it tasted like tomato paste.

Address:
3232 N Arnoult Rd
Metairie, LA 70002

Phone:

(504) 888-9254

Hours:

Mon-Sat 11am-9pm
Sunday Closed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack