[Bellevue, WA] - John Howie Steakhouse

One of my favorite steakhouses in the country, John Howie never disappoints. I've been there for my birthday before and enjoyed a fantastic A5 Wagyu Ribeye from the Miyazaki Prefecture, but more regularly, I stop by for their well priced happy hour. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but it's much more affordable than their regular dinner menu. There is only one food item I order every time, and that is the kurobuta bacon. It is a tempura batter on the outside and fried, served alongside a maple sambal sauce. It is sweet and spicy and all sorts of umami. I always tell people they gotta try it, but not everyone seems to think it's worth it. For those in the know, we know it's worth it. 

Happy hour and food aside, the cocktails here are top notch. Everything is so well made and perfect. And, like all good bartenders, if you have a particular taste or liquor preference, just let them know and they'll concoct something for you to your taste.

If you haven't had a chance to try their steaks, pick a special occasion and go for it. It's one of a small handful of places that serve actual A5 grade Wagyu. Next time, I'll be trying the A5 zabuton. 


 There is a slice of pear in my cocktail. The only "girly" drink I order on the reg. Spicy Pear Kamikaze.

Salmon carpaccio with microgreens.


Roasted bone marrow with parsley, porcini jam, and some grilled baguette to spread the marrow on.

Saved the best for last. If there were only one reason to go here, it would be for this tempura kurobuta bacon with maple sambal dipping sauce. If there's a heaven, it tastes like this. Behind the bacon and my classic martini is an order of deviled eggs made with truffled bacon.


Address:
11111 NE 8th St
Ste 125
Bellevue, WA 98004

Phone: (425) 440-0880

Hours: 
Mon-Thurs 11am-11pm
Fri 11am-12am
Sat 3pm-12am
Sun 3pm-10pm

Happy Hour:
Mon-Sun 3pm-6pm
Mon-Thurs 9pm-11pm
Fri & Sat 10pm-12am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack