[Seattle, WA] - The Brooklyn Seafood, Steak & Oyster House

Every time we head up to Seattle, we try to find some new place that we haven't been to. During this trip, it was The Brooklyn Seafood, Steak, and Oyster House. It looked awesome. Beer and oyster flights? Sign me up! They have other flights to choose from, but I went for the beer and oyster flight. The options change daily depending on what's on draft and which oysters are freshest. 

We grabbed a seat at the bar in front of the oyster display and main signage. Service was surprisingly slow for a restaurant that wasn't busy yet (we were there at 4PM on a Sunday because we had a flight back home afterwards). I was also not the only one to be a bit disappointed by the beer and oysters. There was some bits of shell in my oyster, so a little sad that they didn't clean the knife between shucks. With flights, I like trusting that someone took the time to taste the beer or wine and the food item so that they pair nicely. I feel like in this situation, it wasn't well paired. One of my beers was very sour, the other was too strong to taste the oyster. It was just too much, oyster, sauces, and beer. Bottom line, I like the idea, but I wouldn't come back for more. There are plenty of other places in Seattle with oysters that are better shucked, and better beer selections. I wanted to like it, but was underwhelmed. Nice try, though.

Did you have a better experience? Let me know and maybe I'll give them another try.


The beer and oyster flight ($12). It's a selection of the day's oysters and a draft beer to compliment the taste of the oyster.


Another order of oysters.


Their oyster display.

Address:
1212 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-224-7000

Hours:

Lunch
Mon-Fri: 11:30am-3pm
Sat & Sun: Closed

Dinner
Mon-Thurs: 5pm-9:30pm
Fri & Sat: 5pm-10pm
Sun: 4pm-9pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack