[Yountville, CA] - Addendum

It just so happened that it was on a rainy day that I ended up making my first trip to Ad Hoc/Addendum. I ordered online ahead of time because everyone told me how the wait takes at least an hour. I am here to tell you that on this rainy day, there was only one other person in line for food who was actually ordering, and a lady with two dogs in a stroller sitting at the only bench eating her chicken. Since there were no dry seats, we ended up eating in the car. 

If you haven't been before, Addendum is just behind Ad Hoc (I originally tried making reservations at Ad Hoc, but had no luck). It's in a nice little garden area in the back with picnic tables and shade for the sunny times. If you're in the area for wine, this is a good place to eat first so you don't have to tap out too early ;)


The ribs were pretty good. The meat came right off the bone. The sauce was sweet. I think I would personally prefer a little kick or more savory taste, but don't let that stop you from enjoying them. They also give a good sized portion. It was just right. I didn't finish the ribs feeling like I ate too much. It was the perfect amount. I liked also that the ribs and chicken both came with a piece of corn bread. The corn bread was very moist and had a light honey glaze on top. I can see why people order extra. 


Finally, the chicken. So crispy, so tender. The breading was a little thick, but it was crispy and flavorful. I was worried about the rosemary (it's one of the few things I am not a fan of) overpowering the chicken, but it didn't. I almost forgot that it was one of the seasonings. Even the white meat was flavorful and tender. They give you three pieces, and again, it's the perfect amount. Good job, Thomas Keller!


The only two other places that I would say make better fried chicken - Hot Star and Dooky Chase. Nothing wrong with trying all of them b:



Standing behind Ad Hoc, you can see the entrance to Addendum.


Ribs, with a side of corn bread ($15).


"BFC" - buttermilk fried chicken. Comes with a side of corn bread and the two sides of the day ($15).


Sides of the day (changes daily) - peas with bits of bacon and red onion and potato salad.


Chocolate Chip Cookies ($3).

Address: 

6476 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599

Hours:

Thurs-Sat 11am to 2pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack