[Gangshan, Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 翔園羊肉店/Xiáng yuán yángròu diàn

Now, I present to you my favorite goat restaurant in Gangshan. If you are stopping by via train, this one is also going to be the most convenient one to eat at. It's a small restaurant, but it's cozy. They have a variety of the usual suspects, along with hot pot. My favorite thing here though, is the marrow. While marrow has in recent years become hipster food, they haven't quite gotten to goat marrow. The bone is smaller and there is less marrow. I don't know about others, but I feel like the smaller amount makes my arteries appreciate me a little for respecting their flow.

It can get a bit muggy inside depending on how many people order hot pot. They have fans blowing, but it's still pretty hot for me. At the same time, I was also sitting in front of the hot pot so that did not help.

Out of all of the places there, the goat and restaurant are probably going to be the cleanest, and probably the most convenient to stop by if you don't know your way around or live in town.

Goat marrow. One for everyone!

Stir fried goat

Herbal hot pot with goat and tofu

Appetizer of tripe

Stir fried goat with satay sauce

Moar goat! Good for dipping in the different sauces


Three cup goat. Really good! The meat is tender, and it's a type of meat not normally used for three cup dishes (you'll find mostly chicken or pork)

Address:
No. 155, Zhongshan North Road
Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 820
Gangshan District

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack