[Las Vegas, NV] - Tacos El Gordo

Since today is Tuesday, I thought it would be fitting to post about one of the best tacos I have had the pleasure of devouring. People have told me that if I ever am in San Diego, I need to eat at Tacos El Gordo. So, while I haven't been able to make it to San Diego in a while, I did notice that there are now three locations in Las Vegas. 

Would it be as good as the San Diego locations? I guess without having been, I would know. At least this way, when I finally try the ones in San Diego, I'll have a baseline for the taste! Luckily, it wasn't too hot of a day so we walked the long Vegas blocks down from the Bellagio. Good thing we did, because they make things the right way... with LARD!

P.S. Be prepared for a wait as the food is good, and it's cheap!

We thought we ordered too much, but we easily demolished the lengua and al pastor tacos. Might I add - those lengua tacos, man. Those lengua tacos.

I don't even want fries anymore, just these lengua fries will do! The fries are freshly fried and crunchy on the edges while the tender lengua and sour cream and guacamole are perfection. I ordered a half order only, thinking I probably wouldn't be able to finish it. Suffice it to say, there was some regret from our party that I didn't go full lardo and get the full size fries.

Al Pastor

There are many food related things I enjoy watching, and meat spinning with juices dripping is one of them 😄


The lengua tacos/fries are prepared at this station

I told you lard was involved

That's a lot of meat #TWSS

We stood around awkwardly, smelling the smells, listening to the grumbling of our stomachs, waiting for the food.

I guess I should rewind. When you finally get through the door, there are a few lines. If you want al pastor, get in the al pastor line. All other meat, other line. For the fries, you'll meet around the corner and order there for more. Then, walk towards the patio door to pay. If you are confused, just ask. The security guard explained it to us while we were waiting outside.


Fresh tortillas? Yes, please!


Address
3049 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(Located in a strip mall with limited parking)

Website
Instagram

Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack