[Tokyo, Japan] - Drunk Alley

I went to Japan knowing that I wouldn't make it through my extensive list of things to eat. Researching all of the possibilities was overwhelming. There's ramen, udon, sushi, tonkatsu, bakeries, and yakitori. And so much more! But I was only there for about a week so I had to do my best!

Originally, I had a restaurant in mind. I don't remember what it was called anymore, but it was a yakitori place. Walked around for what felt like an hour, stomachs growling, to no avail. We wandered around about to give up, but then I thought, let's keep trying by going down this street a little further. Luckily I didn't give up. Near a bridge (no idea where, but I wish I did!), there was a narrow alley to the left. Signs were hanging up festively. I asked my friend what it said, and she translated it to drunk alley. I was pretty excited! Didn't find the restaurant I wanted, but found this instead.

We walked the length of it, trying to decide which one to go to. Most of them were small and probably seated about 10 or less. I finally settled on one that was located on the 3rd floor. It was boisterous and fun sounding in there. The waitress led us to a seat near a window. It had a good view outside. When the drunk train went by, we could see the people wobbling and drunk inside. She said the drunk train is the last train of the night where everyone tries to squeeze on to make it home. We had already decided to take a cab, so we weren't worried. 

The menu was pretty extensive, but I knew I wanted yakitori. I ordered the entire section... and of course ate all of it: 

Along with a grilled squid. Super delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack