[Daan, Taipei, Taiwan] 胡記米粉湯 Mifen

If you haven't noticed, I like simplicity when it comes to food. It's not that I dislike fancy or complicated foods, I just have a great appreciation for simple foods done right. Case in point, the underrated 米粉湯/rice noodle soup. There are tons of these stalls all over Taiwan. I haven't been to a bad one yet (not that I'm looking for a bad one, just sayin), but this one is probably my favorite. 

The cart is located amongst a ton of other food carts, so don't worry about being hungry afterwards. I think to eat in Taiwan, one must approach it as they would a marathon. Small bites, lots of food, and you'll be able to eat EVERYTHING. Her cart as a few different items, but I come here for the 米粉湯/rice noodle soup and the 油豆腐/tofu. The broth is so clean and light, the noodles are the perfect QQ texture, and the fried shallots and tiny shrimp provide the perfect textural combination and umami flavor. The tofu is great because it also holds in the soup. It alters the flavor of the soup just a tiny bit compared to the rice noodles, as they all come from the same big vat.

Don't worry about having to carry around your food around to awkwardly eat and walk - there's seating across the way.

All of the goodies!


My bowl of deliciousness:




Address: 
臨江街觀光夜市 Linjiang Street Night Market
Taipei

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack