[San Francisco, CA] - Dumpling Kitchen

Every time I get caught up, I manage to fall behind again. I went to Dumpling Kitchen early on this year. I don't even remember why I was in SF, and how we ended up here. Maybe it was CAAM? I honestly don't remember anymore. Luckily, I do remember the food.

After parking a few blocks away (parking can be tricky on the weekends in this neighborhood), I had a feeling of deja vu. It had been a while since I went to Shanghai Dumpling King, but the walk there, the road, the trolley, and the facade of the restaurant were very similar (yes, I know, the signs are different colors). It had been over a year so I started to question if I had actually been here before. Both restaurants have Shanghainese style food, but when the food came out, Dumpling Kitchen really stood out to me for the pork belly, and the pan fried dumplings. 


"Braised Pork Belly With Preserved Vegetable" - super tender, and definitely recommend trying if you're in the neighborhood!


"Shanghai-Style Pan-Fried Pork Buns (10pcs)" - the reason why I came, and was worth it.

"Spicy Cow Stomach" - nothing amazing, but well done.

"Shanghai-Style Stir-Fried Rice Cakes" - perfect texture, good light flavor, and no clumped up sections like some restaurants do.

"Shanghai-Style Steamed Pork Dumplings (10pcs)" - very little soup but had a lot of meat

Address:
1935 Taraval St, 
San Francisco, CA 94116

Delivery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack