[Las Vegas, NV] - Eggslut

Eggslut. Los Angeles Famous, now available in Las Vegas. Super hyped and widely talked about - it had a lot to live up to. 

Located in the Cosmopolitan hotel with a ton of other great restaurants, Eggslut is easy to find. Just follow the long line of people. I got there in the afternoon, maybe around 1:00pm. The line wrapped around the corner past the bathroom. As I waited, I could hear people get discouraged and walk away to eat somewhere else. If you hate lines, go later in the afternoon around dinner time when it dies down. If you want a normal breakfast, lunch, or brunch time meal here, be prepared for a wait. 


Here is my "gaucho" - a seared wagyu tri-tip steak, cage-free over medium egg, chimichurri, red onions, with arugula on a brioche bun. The meat could stand to be thinner (to make it easier to bite without chunks falling out - the quantity is perfect), and cooked a bit more rare for my taste. The egg, arugula, and chimichurri were a great combination. Like having how I imagine an Argentinean sandwich to be.

I don't know that I would want to wait an hour for brunch every time, but this was worth it for at least the first time. I would go again if there weren't that long of a wait. Even though Eggslut is so very LA with that brioche bun. 


But wait! You didn't get the slut! Don't judge Eggslut on a delicious sandwich without having the slut!

Of course I ordered the slut. Is it named the slut because you dip the bread in the eggs and potato puree? I don't know. What I do know is that this is delicious. It's a cage free coddled egg on a very silky potato puree in a hipster jar. On top, they sprinkle some chives and salt. Partnered with some baguettes, this is one tasty way to start the day!


Dip, baby, dip! Dip, baby, dip! 

Small storefront, but hard to miss with all of the people waiting


The kitchen seems a bit small, but they churn those sluts out with a quickness!



Address:
3708 S Las Vegas Blvd E1
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(Located inside the Cosmopolitan)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack