[Sacramento, CA] - Oblivion Comics & Coffee

Opened in May of 2017, Oblivion has quickly become my favorite spot to hang out or work. It's located on K Street, just across from the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. That said, it's GREAT for people watching! Grab a seat by the window and treat yourself. One day, I saw people rushing around for a wedding. Another day, hordes of firemen, presumably for some event. You never know what you'll get to see from that great vantage point!

Truthfully, I didn't get into comics until later; I was always a manga/anime person. After school, my friend and I would sit around eating the food her grandma cooked and watching Sailormoon. On my annual visits to Taiwan, I would get the latest Yu Yu Hakusho, DragonBallZ, and SlamDunk mangas and anime -- all in Japanese with mostly unreadable Chinese subs (only because my literacy was lacking). I would doodle Hiei and Yu Yu during class and people would think I created new characters. The coolest cartoon on TV at the time was Voltron. Anyway, long story short, I'm a nerd. And, it's always nice being around other nerds who understand and share the same interests. Oblivion is just that -- a place to hang out that has a very relaxed vibe and is perfect for nerds or non-nerds alike. The coffee is outstanding (gotta love Chocolate Fish!) and I love that they have the nitro coffee. The toast that they offer is pretty fantastic too if you need a sweet snack to go with the coffee. My only request would be utensils other than the plastic knife so my hands don't get super gross while I'm trying to sit here and blog.

Read more about Oblivion and how it all got started here.

Nitro coffee from Chocolate Fish Roasters

Oblivion Toast - cream cheese and jam swirled like Mesmero trying to confuse you


DREAM - big thick slice of toast with cinnamon, sugar, and of course, butter


Coffee photoshoot! Here's the new menu. It used to just be some paper on the counter, but now they have upgraded. I like this new style of having it like an actual comic in a bag with a board #bagandboardit #kthanksbye

Complete menu if you'd like a peek without actually going yet

This menu is always here also. Note the awesome tip jars! They change those regularly. Today is actually Christian Bale Bats versus Clooney. One of my other trips here was Tobey Spiderman or Garfield. 

Some of the artwork that has been displayed in the past by LOPAN4000@GMAIL.COM. It looks like they rotate the art out pretty regularly, so it's worth coming often to check it out what's new.


More seating available in the back by the comics.

Current as of September 8, 2017 

I was into manga and anime way before I got into comics. Inuyasha is one of the "newer" ones I got into. Ranma 1/2 forever! Not a bad picture at all though. The current art displayed is by Out of the Dust Designs.



This way to the comics!

Comics available to read while here, or you can pop around this corner and buy your own! But then, you might dribble food all over it. Maybe get one to stock and one to rock?

What's awesome is that they keep changing things for the better each time I've come. The last time I was here, I took this picture. They have updated it so that it's wheelchair friendly now, so it's accessible for all!

Oblivion Comics & Coffee
1020 11th St
Sacramento, CA 95814

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack