[Japantown, San Francisco, CA] - On The Bridge

I have been to Japantown countless times, and each time I pass On the Bridge I think, I'm going to try that place one of these days. I am proud to say that I finally did make that stop! In fact, I have gone twice now. They serve a wide range of items from loco moco to curry to spaghetti. It's all done Japanese style, do don't go in expecting it to be like Olive Garden but with comics. My favorite so far, has been the nameko spaghetti. 

The location is exactly as the name is, on the bridge. There are two main buildings (plus a few smaller ones) in San Francisco's Japantown. This is the bridge that you can take to get from one to another. For example, if you want Belly Good Crepes but also want some Sophie's Crepes, this would be the bridge to go over. 

Katsu curry don. The breading is crispy, and the curry is not overwhelming like some curries can be.

Nameko Spaghetti - Japanese style spaghetti made from a soy and garlic based sauce rather than tomato. It's a much lighter sauce, but I love the taste. It's very different, and the portion size is perfect. Nameko is a type of mushroom. If you google it, you'll find a lot of random artwork of nameko with faces. It has a very nutty taste, and is good also on soba.

Pretty good beer selection. You can peep it if you sit facing the TVs that always have anime playing.

Manga alongside seating

Lots of manga to read while waiting (FYI-they are in Japanese)

Address:
1581 Webster St #206
San Francisco, CA 94115

Yelp
Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack