[Taipei, TW] - Bobii Fruitii

I am having serious Taiwan withdrawals, so I guess that means it's time for me to finally catch up on my posts that I should have been doing for the past year. Lately, I have been feeling a bit uninspired by just blogging about one location at a time. The travelogues have been more interesting to me because there's usually a story involved. I suppose I will figure it out eventually. For the few who have been following me, thanks for bearing with me!

If you have watched any Zimmern or Bourdain specials, or even any YouTube videos dealing with Taipei, I'm sure you've heard of YongKang Street. It has some great stuff on this street/in this vicinity (See also Tianjin Onion Pancakes/ 天津蔥抓餅, Din Tai Fung/鼎泰豐, Du Xiao Yue Danzi Noodle/度小月擔仔麵 (great if you don't have time to go to Tainan to get it from the original location), Kao Chi/高記, and a bun cart that is there until they sell out for the day (go early - I've always had luck when I go for breakfast... just google "小籠包40年老字號")). Basically, add YongKang Street to your list of to do. There is also the tourist favorite a few blocks away -- Yongkang Beef Noodles/永康牛肉麵. Not my preference per se, but tourists seem to love it. Just putting it on your radar if you're interested.

I feel like I've drifted a bit. This post is supposed to be about Bobii Fruitii. In a country that is saturated with bubble tea shops (Taiwan, specifically, Taichung, created this drink afterall), what can a shop do to stand out? There are a few great bubble tea stalls and shops, but what else can you do other than have great quality tea and pearls? Appeal to the Instagram crowd, of course (it has to be why layered tea is so popular)! Bobii Fruitii looked a bit dubious to me because of all the colors and the appeal for pictures. Too many times I've been fooled by a pretty drink or food item to discover that it's all it has - looks. Thankfully, the tea and bubbles are both fantastic. The pearls are the perfect QQ texture, and the tea isn't overly sweetened and actually tasted like tea. For those who don't want tea, they also have fruity drinks (thank you, Taiwan, for the deliciously fresh fruit), or blended drinks to suit your tastes.



I meant to go back and try the evil bitch, but alas, I forgot.

Handmade pearls, all natural ingredients, no artificial colors or flavors


One of their signature drinks - "Pandora Treasures"

An ice blended drink that has lemon, honey, butterfly pea bobii and original bobii. I really enjoyed this even though it didn't have tea in it. It's so light and refreshing.


Wouldn't be right to check them out without getting some actual pearl milk tea, right? This one is the "Don't Want to Work"

Made from Oolong tea, milk, and their butterfly pea bobii. I would put this up in my top ranking for pearl milk teas. Extra credit for their design (just look at their menu! It's too cool)






Supertaste was here


This fun drink is "Don't Want to Grow Up" and really did taste like my childhood. I really do have to give bobii Fruitii props for having so many creative drinks that push me to drink things other than the tea based items. This one was strawberry, mango, milk, and Yakult blended.

"Mermaid's Tears" - is it me or does that sound really sad? It's actually just mango, lemon, honey, and milk blended. It also comes with their butterfly pea bobii. 




Please note that the founder of Bobii Fruitii created this concept based on wanting to have a healthier bubble tea drink for his girlfriend 😃

Website

Instagram
Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack