[Sacramento, CA] - Binchoyaki Izakaya Dining - Wednesday Dollar Oysters!

One of my favorite spots in Sacramento is Binchoyaki. I've already posted before about them, but that was two years ago. I think it's ready for a quick update. What's great is the food is still just as good as it was two years ago, and with a few updates. The dollar oyster deal has been going on a bit I think, I just haven't had a chance to go yet. Since it's still May, we decided to check it out.

I was enjoying myself too much to ask what type of oyster it was that was included for their dollar oysters, honestly. And, dollar oysters usually mean super ocean-y-gotta-really-like-seafood-and-its-smells kind of oysters. But, I am happy to report that those dollar oysters are good! They're a little on the bigger side than what I would pick for myself, but they weren't overwhelmingly big (I'm lookin at you, Pacific Oyster). They were slightly briney, but not too much. The vinaigrette was very strong. Since I like oysters and their natural flavor, next time I'll order it without the vinaigrette, and maybe have a few grilled too. If you haven't been by for their oysters, definitely go! Let me know if you like them au naturel, or dressed! 



Duck breast with pickled wasabi root 

Pork jowl - still one of my favorites 

Cartilage in the front, gizzards in the back 


Juicy shiitake with shio 

Onigiri with tare 

From the specials menu (update daily!) - tempura fried ayu and kabocha 

I really like cartilage 

Since it's national sushi day, we had to celebrate with some sashimi! 

L->R: Kuromutsu (black blue fish), Takanohadai (spotted tail), and Sakura Masu (cherry trout)

If you get a chance to try the sakura masu, do! It's fatty and tastes better than some salmons. And this is coming from someone who hails from the PNW.

Kinako parfait - green tea ice cream, mochi, graham cracker crumble, and red bean paste. 


This is definitely an update from the last time - micro greens (a few varieties on their counters) 

What izakaya experience is complete without a nice, refreshing beer?

Address:
2226 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95818

Hours:

Lunch
Tues-Sat 11:00am-2:00pm

Dinner
Tues-Thurs 4:00pm-10:00pm
Fri-Sat 4:00pm-12:00am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack