[Sacramento, CA] - Big Stump Brewing Company presents -- A Dog's Night Out!

I love these events that the SPCA has. Sometimes they're "Yappy Hour" but this time it was "A Dog's Night Out!" It's a partnership between local breweries and the SPCA. They bring some dogs (and like Wednesday night, sometimes they bring a feline friend) who are looking for homes. The problem with these events for me is that I can't adopt a dog right now (maybe if I could work from home?) because I wouldn't be able to give him the time I think he deserves, but seeing them there makes me want to take them all home. Honestly, if I could, I would just have a farm filled with stray cats and dogs. Special preference for unwanted chows.

Back to Wednesday Night! I actually had never heard of Big Stump before. It's pretty fantastic that so many breweries are popping up over town. Even better when they have good beer and awesome brewmasters. The beer menu is posted outside, but it is also posted next to the register and taps. The space has high ceilings and it's very airy. That was, until all of the dogs and their peoples arrived. Then it was very raucous and filled with the sounds of people and dogs having a good time. 

I tried a few of the beers (one of them was very light and the other was the blood orange beer), and ended up going with the lion's crown. The older I get, the more lightweight I am so it was perfect. Slightly fruity and crisp. Great on a hot Sacramento summer afternoon. A few friends with the stouts (Russian and coconut) and liked them both. Next time after I've had a bigger meal, I'll give it a try. 

If you haven't yet had the chance to join in one of these events with the SPCA, keep an eye out! If you have a dog, bring them for a chance to socialize with other pups. If you don't want one but want to put some money towards the SPCA and your local brewery, this is a great way to do it!

Petey with a coconut stout

Love when breweries are pup friendly!

Check out and buy some art by local artists :) 

The menu

More art in the back

Lion's Crown


Pretty good prices

This little guy has two sisters but he's best with people and other dogs so he got to come out and hang out.

Everyone loves Panda!

Belle! Just look at her smile!

Petey the cutie pie

Belle, begging.

He totally scared Belle.

This little guy looked like a baby Falcor.

Teeny little guy. He was super soft!

Address:
Big Stump Brewing Company
1716 L St, Sacramento, California 95811


Facebook
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack