[Russian Hill, San Francisco, CA] - La Folie

I love birthdays. Not my own so much, but I enjoy celebrating with other people. And of course, one of my favorite people is the boyfriend. It's always tough picking a place to take him for his birthday since his palate is even more refined than mine, but what can you do? We had been to La Folie before as suggested by a friend with very good taste. We weren't disappointed then, and we were not disappointed this time either. We had just enjoyed our underwhelming anniversary dinner in Napa at Auberge du Soleil in Napa, and he seemed full of trepedation. Eventually, he settled on La Folie. We love trying new places, but at the same time, if it ain't broke, why fix it? I filed away the place I had thought about taking him to for another time and made the reservation for La Folie.

Service was perfect, just like the last time. I love consistency. And speaking of consistency, we somehow ended up at the same exact table as the last time! We both drooled over the menu; everything looked delicious. I ordered a bottle of wine based on his steak and my rabbit. We had gone with five courses last time and left completely stuffed. We thought maybe this time we had grown up so we went with three courses. 

The cab was perfect. The salads, amuse bouche, the mains, and the desserts were all perfect. I can't emphasize enough how much joy a meal here brings me. Do yourself a favor and go to La Folie on Russian Hill in San Francisco!


Paul Hobbs "Cross Barn" from Napa Valley


Ocean trout with crisped rice amuse bouche. I love the bubbly copper plate.


My Salad - Dungeness Crab Salad


His Salad - Mushroom Salad. The presentation was on point and all of
the mushrooms selected were fantastic. Everything was edible, minus
the log.


My first course - Lobster risotto with freshly shaved truffles


His First course - Wood Grilled Yellowtail


My second course - Rabbit three ways. I felt a little sad at how mean it 
felt eating the littel rabbit riblets, but it was so good that I was able to 
"power" through it.


His second course - Miyazaki A5 Wagyu with tongue terrine


Palate Cleanser - Fresh made mochi with strawberry inside


His dessert/Third course - Baked Alaska


Of course, the inside is beautiful too. The meringue is so light; it's a great dessert to finish off a meal with.


My dessert/Third course - Edam Cheese Souffle


Complimentary after dinner treats

Address:
2316 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109
Phone number (415) 776-5577

Hours: 

Mon-Sat: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Reservations Highly Recommended

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 桦達奶茶 Huada Milk Tea (Original Location Only)

[Kaohsiung, Taiwan] - 查理布朗咖啡店 | Charlie Brown Café Taiwan

[Daly City, CA] - Noodle in a Haystack